Monday, January 25, 2010

Ruiz signs three-year deal

There will be no arbitration cases for the Phillies this off-season. After first signing Chad Durbin to a one-year deal, Joe Blanton and Shane Victorino followed with three-year deals, worth $24 million and $22 millions respectively.

Carlos Ruiz, the team's final arbitration eligible player, agreed on Sunday to a three-year pact, worth $8.85 mill, with a club option for a fourth season. The 31 year old Chooch is obviously a key signing for the team. He's been a rock behind the plate each of the last few seasons, and contributes at the plate when the games increase in importance.

The Phillies are very close to, if not ready, for Spring Training with the club they currently employ.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    I love your blog. You have great content but more importantly than that, I like your writing style. You're not arrogant like most of the professional writers and I can read your blog without feeling stupid. I appreciate the time that you put into updating this blog and find it to be a valuable source in supplementing my baseball knowledge.
    All I can ask from you is to update more often! I check your site every day hoping for some more information. I'm so excited for baseball season when you'll update more often but I'd love to hear some of what you have to say about spring training.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete